“Lex Hochner’s Bruja Crab” by Umpqua Feather Merchants
I really like crabs. Haven’t fished them much, but would never travel South without a box full of them and hope I never get them. Permit, Bonefish and my kid enjoy a tasty crab meal. Wether you land them or not is on you, if you don’t spook them, consider yourself somewhat in the game.
Available in 2 sizes and 4 color options (click the crab to see a full selection of options) to match a variety of bottoms and
If the Bruja doesn’t catch you, Umpqua has no shortage of different crab patterns to entice both you and quarry; Bonefish Critter, Captain Crabby, Flats Crab, Foxy Crab, McCrab, Permit Crab, Rag head Crab, San Pedro Crab, Sandy’s Cracked Crab, Turnefe Crab, Sexy Sixties Crab, Blind Crab, Defiant Crab, Hip Hop Crab, Calhoun’s Swimming Sand Crab, Cathy’s Fleeing Crab, Chernobyl Crab, ER Crab, Kung Fu Crab, to name a few.
If you were wondering…..the Fly of the Month is sponsored by Umpqua Feather Merchants.
Choosing the ‘Fly of the Month’ is a very interesting process involving a few different, but very key variables.
- Looking Outside (today is a mixture of high winds, rain and snow. AKA ‘Cyclone in the lower 48’ or ‘Grocery day in AK’.
- Thinking about what is happening with the Alaska fish scene.
- What would I rather be doing right now?
- Does it work and is it interesting?
- Will it be entertaining? As in, can I make jokes about getting crabs in my fly box?